Mrs. Banyard's Bacon Pudding
Mrs.Banyard's Bacon Pudding. Another steamed suet crust pudding. In this instance savoury. Combining onions, bacon and apples.
- 1/2 lb suet crust pastry
- 3 rashers of bacon, chopped
- 1 small onion chopped
- a little peeled, chopped cooking apple
- a little flour
- a clean white cloth
1. Roll the pastry out into a round on a lightly floured surface.
2. Place the bacon, onion and apple in the centre of the pastry.
3. Bring the edges of the pastry together and seal well.
4. Dampen the cloth and sprinkle it with flour.
5. Place the pudding in the centre of the cloth and gather the corners together and tie them.
6. Boil in a large pan of water for about an hour.