Suet Crust Pastry
Suet crust pastry is a traditional British pastry used for steamed and boiled puddings, for roly-poly puddings and dumplings. The fillings or toppings can be sweet or savoury.
- 2 cups (8oz) self-raising flour
- 1/2 cup (4oz) shredded suet*
- pinch of salt
- cold water
1. Put the suet, flour and salt into a basin and with a knife.
2. Mix to a stiff dough with a little cold water.
3. Gather into a ball and roll out with a rolling pin on a lightly floured board.
( * or vegetarian alternative )