Malvern pudding is a traditional pudding from the English town of Malvern in Worcestershire. It is a baked dish made with apples or other seasonal fruit
- stale bread
- 1 pint redcurrants
- 1/2 pint raspberries
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 pint whipped cream
1. Remove the crusts from the bread.
2. Line a pudding basin with the bread, reserving some bread to make a lid.
3. Stew the fruit with the sugar.
4. Pour the fruit into the bread lined basil whilst the fruit is still hot.
5. Cover the fruit with the reserved bread.
6. Cover with a plate and a weight so that the plate presses down on the pudding lid.
7. Put in a cold place for 24 hours.