Oxford Pudding. A traditional pudding from Oxfordshire. Puff past try, apricots, with a meringue topping
- 6 apricots
- a little cream
- sugar to taste
- 4 eggs
- 2 egg whites
- puff pastry
1. Steam the apricots until tender.
2. Cut up and add a little sugar to taste.
3. When cold, beat in the 4 whole eggs and cream.
4. Butter a pie dish and line with puff pastry.
5. Place the mixture over it and bake for about 30 minutes in a hot oven 220oc/425of/gas mark 7.
6. Turn the oven down for the last 15 mins.
7. Beat the 2 egg whites, add a little sugar and place over the dish.
8. Bake in a hot oven for 10 minutes.
Listed in the Sweet Sauce section of the website.