Exeter Pudding. An unusual layered pudding, jam, sponge cakes, layered onto the pudding followed by Ratafia biscuits
- 4 sponge cakes
- 4 tablespoons breadcrumbs
- 6 Ratafia biscuits
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon plain flour
- 3 eggs
- 3 tablespoons caster/superfine sugar
- 1/4 pint double cream
- 1 lemon
- 3 tablespoons rum
- apricot jam
- 1 extra tablespoon breadcrumbs
1. In a large bowl mix the breadcrumbs, flour, sugar and the grated rind of half of the lemon and the beaten eggs.
2. Add the butter and rub it in then add the beaten eggs
3. Grease a pudding basin.
4. Coat it with the extra tablespoonful of breadcrumbs and cover the bottom with Ratafia biscuits.
5. Spoon a layer of the flour, sugar and breadcrumb mix over the Ratafia biscuits.
6. Spread some jam onto the sponge cakes and put a layer onto the pudding followed by a few
7. Continue with these layers until all the ingredients are used up.
8. Make sure that the top layer is the breadcrumb, flour and sugar mix.
9. Pour the rum over and bake at 180 degrees Centigrade for 1 hour.
Listed in the Sweet Sauce section of the website.
Ninety Sweet Pudding Recipes. Savoury Puddings. Sweet Souces. PastryFully illustrated in colour. Indexed.
Ninety Sweet Pudding Recipes. Savoury Puddings. Sweet Sauces. PastryFully illustrated in colour. Indexed.