Huntingdon Pudding. A traditional Cambridgeshire Suet sponge where gooseberries are fruit ingredient
- 4 cups plain/all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup caster/superfine sugar
- 1/2 cup suet
- 1 pint gooseberries
- 1 egg
- pinch baking powder
- 1/4 pint milk
1. Mix the flour and shredded suet together.
2. Add sugar, baking powder and gooseberries.
3. Stir well.
4. Beat up the egg in milk, and add to the mixture gradually.
5. Steam in a greased basin for 3 hours. .
Listed in the Sweet Sauce section of the website.
Ninety Sweet Pudding Recipes. Savoury Puddings. Sweet Souces. PastryFully illustrated in colour. Indexed.
Ninety Sweet Pudding Recipes. Savoury Puddings. Sweet Sauces. PastryFully illustrated in colour. Indexed.