Hollygog Pudding originates from Oxfordshire. A robust and sustaining Oxfordshire farmhouse pudding. A golden-crusted traditional pudding.
- 2 cups flour
- 1/4 pound Butter
- 4 tablespoons golden syrup
- a little water
- half a pint of milk
- a pinch of salt
- a little extra butter
1. Pre-heat oven to 400°F, 200°C or Gas Mark 6
2. Sift flour and salt into a large bowl and rub in the butter.
3. Add water to form a dough and then roll out into a rectangle approximately one quarter of an inch thick.
4. Spread the syrup over the pastry, and then roll into a roll.
5. Place into a greased ovenproof dish and pour in the milk.
6. Dot the top of the pudding with a little extra butter and then bake for 30-40 minutes.
Listed in the Sweet Sauce section of the website.