A semi-open tart that combines short crust pastry, walnuts, and honey
- 5 oz 140g Plain flour
- 2 ½ oz 70g butter
- 4oz 100g fresh breadcrumbs
- 7 - 8 tbsp runny honey
- Juice of ½ lemon
- A handful of roughly chopped walnuts
1. Heat oven to 200oC, fan oven 180oC, 400oF gas 6
2. Rub the fat into flour until it looks like breadcrumbs
3. Bind to a soft but not sticky dough with a little cold water
4. Roll out to the thickness of a £1 coin on a floured surface and line a faln tin about
8ins, 20cm diameter
5. Chill while you are preparing the filling
6. Mix the warmed honey, lemon juice and walnuts
7. Place in the pastry case and use any left over pastry to make a lattice top or decorate
8. Bake for about 25 - 30 mins until the pastry is golden
9. Best served warm rather than hot
Listed in the Sweet Sauce section of the website.
Ninety Sweet Pudding Recipes. Savoury Puddings. Sweet Souces. PastryFully illustrated in colour. Indexed.
Ninety Sweet Pudding Recipes. Savoury Puddings. Sweet Sauces. PastryFully illustrated in colour. Indexed.